MacBook client drops packets

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Mar 13 05:42:08 PDT 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 10:24:10PM +0200, Faidon Liambotis wrote:

> Since I don't own a MacBook Pro, I would be glad if some of you could
> pinpoint the exact difference between 0.5.5 and 0.5.7 that fixed your
> problem? Alternatively, Jouni could tell us :-)
> Applying a short fix for a problem like this would probably be
> acceptable by Debian's release managers.

I don't actually have any idea what the exact issue here is. Nor do I
have much interest in spending time with this since 0.5.5 is not a
stable release (0.5.7 was the first stable 0.5.x release of hostapd). I
can only strongly recommend that distributions would use release
versions instead of a development version that is known to have number
of known bugs that have been fixed in newer versions.