MacBook client drops packets

Faidon Liambotis paravoid
Sat Mar 10 12:24:10 PST 2007

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> "Casey T. Deccio" <casey at deccio.net> writes:
>
>> Installed hostapd 0.5.7 from source, and modified
>> /etc/init.d/hostapd to point to /usr/local/bin/hostapd , and it
>> worked like a charm.  Thanks!
>
> And now that there is one other person who can confirm the problem, I
> suppose I should ping the Debian package maintainer that hostap needs
> an upgrade in "unstable".
Unfortunately, Debian is in deep freeze for the upcoming release of
"etch" aka Debian 4.0. New upstream releases aren't allowed for
"testing" and uploading a new version to unstable which would not have
chances of propagation to testing at this point would make things worse
from a release/maintainership position.

Since I don't own a MacBook Pro, I would be glad if some of you could
pinpoint the exact difference between 0.5.5 and 0.5.7 that fixed your
problem? Alternatively, Jouni could tell us :-)
Applying a short fix for a problem like this would probably be
acceptable by Debian's release managers.

Thanks,
Faidon
(hostapd Debian maintainer)