[PATCH] Link level FreeBSD fix

Jouke Witteveen j.witteveen
Thu Mar 8 14:10:08 PST 2007

Hello all,

At last, the final touch is here. All that was still needed to make
wpa_supplicant work with FreeBSD on my (wired) network was a minor
change in l2_packet_freebsd.c. The change is copied from
l2_packet_pcap.c and is needed in situations where the server
addresses its packages to the link-layer multicast address (ie: my
situation). A patch for 0.5.7 is attached.
I noticed that there seems to be a typo a few lines above the affected
lines. On line 114 (_freebsd, unpatched) and 232 (_pcap) it says
"pcap_set_datalinke(DLT_EN10MB): %s\n". I believe it should read
"pcap_set_datalink(DLT_EN10MB): %s\n" (without the e). This is not
included in the patch, so if it is a typo I ask you to manually
correct it.
I hope to see the patch applied soon. Thanks to everyone that has
helped me on this one.

Jouke Witteveen
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: l2_packet_freebsd.c.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 1209 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/attachments/20070308/05efd160/attachment.bin 

More information about the Hostap mailing list