AP not forwarding on LAN port in Power Save mode

ramprasad.rajendran at wipro.com ramprasad.rajendran
Wed Mar 7 09:13:47 PST 2007

Hi,
I find one strange behaviour or probably a natural behaviour.
We authenticate using EAP-FAST or PSK and after the 4 way handshake, we
are able to transfer data and the AP is forwarding it on the LAN port.

Our device is supposed to be in standby mode(the device would be powered
off to conserve power).
We wake up after about 5 seconds, and we send out the same data, we are
able to see the data in the sniffer, but the AP does not seem to forward
it on the LAN port. We are not deauthenticated during this.
Any explanations on the behaviour ?

When we don't use security and the AP is also configured for the same,
the AP seems to forward the packets on the LAN even after we come out of
standby.

I am using a Linksys WRT54G AP and wpa_supplicant 0.5.7.

----
ram

www.wipro.com