if PA is hidden and client cannot see AP's ssid, what should put for wpa_passphrase?

hong zhang henryzhang
Thu Mar 1 16:05:10 PST 2007

Dan,

  I am working on mesh network device using atheros chips. One device acts as AP and other act as client/station. I have to port wpa1 only codes from wpa_supplicant and hostapd. I see beacon from AP usinf sniffer and I am sure wpa is set correctly comparing with linksys. Algorithm is set tkip in AP.

  But station can not associate to AP. And I see station issues algorithm is open not tkip.

  Here is what I config on both AP and Station

  AP side.

  1. iwpriv ifname wpa 1 ---- turn on wpa
  2. iwpriv ifname countermeasures 1 ---turn on
  3. iwpriv ifname privacy 1  -- turn on privacy
  4. iwpriv ifname ucastciphers 2 ---- tkip
  5. iwpriv ifname keymgtalgs 2 ---- tkip algorithm
  6. iwpriv ifname authmode 5 ---- authentication mode is wpa1

  Station side.

  1. iwpriv ifname wpa 1 ---- turn on wpa
  2. iwpriv ifname countermeasures 1 ---turn on
  3. iwpriv ifname privacy 1  -- turn on privacy
  4. iwpriv ifname keymgtalgs 2 ---- tkip algorithm
  5. iwpriv ifname authmode 5 ---- authentication mode is wpa1
  6. iwpriv ifname dropunencrypted 1 --- turn on

  both use "athkey -i ifname tkip key_value"

  But do not work.

  Can you do me favior to turn on debugger wpa_supplicant and hostapd
  and I want to see what I miss on wpa configuration in bot AP and station?

  Thank you very much!!!

  ----henry