Problem installing Netgear WG511

Axel Braun axel.braun
Wed Jun 20 13:05:05 PDT 2007

Hello,

I was trying to search the mailing archive, but unfortunately this does not
work from the server side - so sorry if this question was asked before.

I'm trying to configure a WG511 Cardbus for use with HostAP on SuSE 10.2. From
the documentation, I read that a file /etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf should exist
with information about the card. Unfortunately this file does not exist, not
do I have a template how the information about the card should be stored. Can
someone provide me with an example? Thanks.

The card I'm trying to install identifies itself as
Intersil Corporation ISL3890[Prism GT/Prism Duette]/ISL3886 [Prism
Javelin/Prism Xbow] (rev 01)
It needs some firmware to be uploaded. Tis firmware uload is done
automatically with the prism54 driver, but how is this managed from hostAP?
By the a.m. configuration file?

Thanks so far
Axel