hostapd question

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jun 15 19:15:54 PDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 09:34:35PM -0400, Michael Alexeev wrote:

> When hostapd is about to disassoicate STA for whatever reason
> (inactivity for example)  accounting_sta_stop is called and accounting
> message is sent to the RADIUS server. Is there a way to get on hold of
> the response for that message?

There is no clean way of doing this in the current implementation since
the RADIUS messages are given to radius_client code and processing of
the server response and possible retries are handled internally there.
Sure, it would be possible to get this message in radius_client.c, but
it would be cleaner to design a callback function for this if this kind
of action is really needed.

> Again, my goal is to call an external process just before the
> disassociation and pass it some information returned from the RADIUS
> server.

If you want to do this before disassociation, reception of RADIUS
accounting message does not sound like the correct place for this.. If
this can happen after disassociation or to be more exact, whenever the
accounting session is terminated, then this time would of course be more
appropriate.

What kind of information do you expect to get from the RADIUS accounting
server at this point? Please note that Accounting-Response packets are
not supposed to include any attributes except Proxy-State and possibly
Vendor-Specific..