Make hostapd-0.5.8 as Authentication server

林 柔嫚 kinki37
Wed Jun 6 02:56:51 PDT 2007

Dear Jouni,

I am using the files from http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostapd/, and the
version is 0.5.8.
I hope to use EAP-AKA as the authentication method and make hostapd as the
stand-alone authentication server.
Not planning to use hostapd as the AP and the integrated server, but treat
it as an authentication server, which communicates with external AP through
wired network
Can hostapd do this functionality? Actually, I am not sure about this.

The steps to install hostad 0.5.8 I do in SUSE are:
1. make clean
2. make
3. make install

I use the cmd ./hostapd -ddK hostapd.conf to start hostapd.
But I get a segmentation fault message.
Like this:
Configuration file: hostapd.conf
Segmentation fault.

What's wrong with my steps? Or my config file is wrong?
Thank you very much for your kindly help!!

Best Regards,
Kinki

Here is my .config file and hostapd.conf file:
1.  .config
# Example hostapd build time configuration
#
# This file lists the configuration options that are used when building the
# hostapd binary. All lines starting with # are ignored. Configuration
option
# lines must be commented out complete, if they are not to be included,
i.e.,
# just setting VARIABLE=n is not disabling that variable.
#
# This file is included in Makefile, so variables like CFLAGS and LIBS can
also
# be modified from here. In most cass, these lines should use += in order
not
# to override previous values of the variables.

# Driver interface for Host AP driver
#CONFIG_DRIVER_HOSTAP=y

# Driver interface for wired authenticator
#CONFIG_DRIVER_WIRED=y

# Driver interface for madwifi driver
#CONFIG_DRIVER_MADWIFI=y
#CFLAGS += -I/usr/include/madwifi # change to reflect local setup;
directory for madwifi src

# Driver interface for Prism54 driver
#CONFIG_DRIVER_PRISM54=y

# Driver interface for drivers using Devicescape IEEE 802.11 stack
#CONFIG_DRIVER_DEVICESCAPE=y

# Driver interface for FreeBSD net80211 layer (e.g., Atheros driver)
#CONFIG_DRIVER_BSD=y
#CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include
#LIBS += -L/usr/local/lib

# IEEE 802.11F/IAPP
CONFIG_IAPP=y

# WPA2/IEEE 802.11i RSN pre-authentication
CONFIG_RSN_PREAUTH=y

# IEEE 802.11i/IEEE 802.11e STAKey negotiation for direct link connection
#CONFIG_STAKEY=y

# Proposed replacement for STAKey negotiation: PeerKey handshake for
# Station to Station Link
CONFIG_PEERKEY=y

# Integrated EAP server
CONFIG_EAP=y

# EAP-MD5 for the integrated EAP server
CONFIG_EAP_MD5=y

# EAP-TLS for the integrated EAP server
CONFIG_EAP_TLS=y

# EAP-MSCHAPv2 for the integrated EAP server
CONFIG_EAP_MSCHAPV2=y

# EAP-PEAP for the integrated EAP server
CONFIG_EAP_PEAP=y

# EAP-GTC for the integrated EAP server
CONFIG_EAP_GTC=y

# EAP-TTLS for the integrated EAP server
CONFIG_EAP_TTLS=y

# EAP-SIM for the integrated EAP server
CONFIG_EAP_SIM=y
# EAP-AKA for the integrated EAP server
CONFIG_EAP_AKA=y

# EAP-PAX for the integrated EAP server
#CONFIG_EAP_PAX=y

# EAP-PSK for the integrated EAP server (this is _not_ needed for WPA-PSK)
#CONFIG_EAP_PSK=y

# EAP-SAKE for the integrated EAP server
#CONFIG_EAP_SAKE=y

# EAP-GPSK for the integrated EAP server
#CONFIG_EAP_GPSK=y
# Include support for optional SHA256 cipher suite in EAP-GPSK
#CONFIG_EAP_GPSK_SHA256=y

# PKCS#12 (PFX) support (used to read private key and certificate file from
# a file that usually has extension .p12 or .pfx)
CONFIG_PKCS12=y

# RADIUS authentication server. This provides access to the integrated EAP
# server from external hosts using RADIUS.
#CONFIG_RADIUS_SERVER=y

# Build IPv6 support for RADIUS operations
CONFIG_IPV6=y

2. hostapd.conf
driver=test
radius_server_clients=hostapd.radius_clients
#eap_authenticator=1
eap_server=1
eap_user_file=hostapd.eap_user
ca_cert=cas.pem