EAP-AKA

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jun 1 20:06:40 PDT 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 10:35:27PM -0700, Jagan Mohan Reddy wrote:

> Since all I have are some dummy SIMs from various providers they are not
> gonna tell me the private key unless its a SIM made to work with specific
> AAA/HLR vendor.
> Is there a work around? If not do we have any alternative that I can go buy
> some SIMs with private keys? I know this is outside the scope but just
> seeking some help to make use of hostapd.

If you want to test EAP-AKA with real USIM cards, no, I don't think
there is any work around for this and the only way of running the tests
is to have access to a HLR (e.g., hlr_auc_gw from hostapd) that knows
how to generate fresh authentication parameters for the USIM.

If all you need to do is just to test EAP-AKA, it can be done by
simulating USIM in software (see, e.g., eap_aka.c in wpa_supplicant for
a case where PCSC_FUNCS is not defined; eap_aka_umts_auth() uses dummy
values for this test). This version is mainly for testing the EAP parts
of EAP-AKA; the AKA part is more less left untested in this case.