RSN IE in 3/4 msg does not match with IE in Beacon/ProbeResp

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Jul 22 10:16:33 PDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 06:25:47PM +0200, Robert Annessi wrote:

> I want to set up an access point (wpa2 eap-tls with ccmp) on a soekris
> net4801 using hostapd and an Atheros pci card (00:0a.0 Ethernet
> controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)).
>
> My configuration works using wpa but when I switch to wpa2 the 3/4 pre
> authentication fails with a rsn ie mismatch:

This is a known issue with using madwifi and hostapd. The driver selects
its own RSN IE and hostapd's default value does not match with that. The
driver would need to be modified to either support configuration of
the IE or to report its current IE so that both components could use the
same IE.