problem connecting wpa net

mauricio vargas mauriciovargas
Wed Jan 10 10:45:40 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm having troubles connecting my intel pro/wireless 2200BG to a wpa net.

Last year, near chxms, was the last time i connected to this net. But, 2 days ago, i tried to connect again and didn?t work.

I'm working on ubuntu drapper with wpa_supplicant and network-manager-gnome.

I edit /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf like many manuals and blogs. But didn't work.

When i try ifdown eth0, I get this error:
Send-packet: Network is Unreachable

My iwconfig eth0 and iwconfig outs are:
emt at Laptop91:~$ iwconfig eth0
eth0  unassociated  ESSID:"antubuey"
      Mode:Managed  Channel=0  Access Point: Not-Associated
      Bit Rate=0 kb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   Sensitivity=8/0
      Retry limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
      Power Management:off
      Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

emt at Laptop91:~$ iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      unassociated  ESSID:"antubuey"
          Mode:Managed  Channel=0  Access Point: Not-Associated
          Bit Rate=0 kb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   Sensitivity=8/0
          Retry limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

eth1      no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

emt at Laptop91:~$

Thanks for your halps.

PS: Sorry for my english, i'm a spanish native speaker.

Mauricio Vargas P.
Ge?logo
MSc en Geolog?a
Usurio Linux # 326558 http://counter.li.org