WPA-PSK for Aironet

Dan Williams dcbw
Thu Jan 4 06:57:16 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 11:17 +0530, Basavaraj Arani wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I am using the Firmware 5.6.08. But whenever I set the WPA key, the
> card somehow doesn't get associated with the Access Point.
> I am using the DLink-DWL-7100AP access point.

Well, note that the driver modifications Matthieu made aren't fully
debugged and aren't integrated upstream into the kernel, so there are no
guarantees that everything works in the driver yet.  I'm working on
cleaning it up and integrating the WPA code into the existing Airo
driver, but it's a slow process since we want the same driver to be used
for all modes.

> Here is the code for setting the WPA on/off
>     if(!strcasecmp(args[0], "on"))
>     {
>         //wrq.u.param.flags = IW_AUTH_WPA_ENABLED & IW_AUTH_INDEX;
>         wrq.u.param.flags = IW_AUTH_DROP_UNENCRYPTED & IW_AUTH_INDEX;
>         wrq.u.param.value = 1;
>
>         if(iw_set_ext(skfd, ifname, SIOCSIWAUTH, &wrq) < 0)
>                 return(IWERR_SET_EXT);
>
>     }
>     else if(!strcasecmp(args[0], "off"))
>     {
>         wrq.u.param.flags = IW_AUTH_WPA_ENABLED & IW_AUTH_INDEX;
>         wrq.u.param.value = 0;
>
>         if(iw_set_ext(skfd, ifname, SIOCSIWAUTH, &wrq) < 0)
>                 return(IWERR_SET_EXT);
>     }
>
> and for setting the WPA keys, I have the following code.
>
> static int
> set_wpakey_info(int             skfd,
>              char *             ifname,
>              char *             args[],
>              int                count)
> {
>     struct iwreq wrq;
>     struct iw_encode_ext *iwee;
>     unsigned char key[IW_ENCODING_TOKEN_MAX];
>     int keylen = strlen(args[0]);
>
>     memset(&wrq, 0x00, sizeof(wrq));
>
>     memcpy(key, args[0], keylen);
>     iwee = (struct iw_encode_ext *)malloc(sizeof(struct iw_encode_ext)
> + IW_ENCODING_TOKEN_MAX);
>
>     iwee->alg = IW_ENCODE_ALG_WEP;

You appear to be telling the driver to use a WEP key, not a WPA key.
You probably want IW_ENCODE_ALG_TKIP here.

Dan