[patch] bind to own_ip_addr for RADIUS communications

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jan 2 19:02:32 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 10:50:58AM +1300, Matt Brown wrote:

> I only have experience with FreeRadius (version 1.1.3) which appears to
> ignore the NAS-IP-Address attribute and looks only at the source address
> of the incoming packet when verifying the shared secret.

OK.

> I guess it would be trivial to add a bind_ip_addr option alongside
> own_ip_addr. It seems very redundant to me though...

Yes, agreed. I was thinking more about an additional option for
selecting whether to bind the sockets to own_ip_addr or not.

> Would you like me to prepare a patch using bind_ip_addr?

No, I don't think that would be a good change. I need to think a bit
more about other related issues, like the dynamic IP address changing,
though, before being able fully understand what would be the best
solution here.