wpa_s->bssid not getting cleared.

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Feb 26 19:40:10 PST 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 01:52:55PM +0530, Sukhdeep Johar wrote:

> Why is wpa_s->bssid not being cleared in the wpa_supplicant_event_disassoc()
> and wpa_supplicant_disassociate () ??

Which version of wpa_supplicant are you looking at?
wpa_supplicant_event_disassoc() clears wpa_s->bssid by calling
wpa_supplicant_mark_disassoc(). wpa_supplicant_disassociate() does not
seem to do this, though. I think it would be reasonable to modify
wpa_supplicant_disassociate() to use wpa_supplicant_mark_disassoc() for
this (after having called wpa_clear_keys() which needs the
wpa_s->bssid).

> Due to this, I notice that the supplicant is not able to set the cipher-id
> properly in the wpa_supplicant_event_assoc(), since the function doesn't
> make a call to wpa_supplicant_select_config() when the wpa_s->bssid is
> already configured.

That's interesting.. I haven't seen this myself, but this looks like a
possible path in the case when wpa_supplicant_disassociate() is used.

> The association/authentication goes through fine the first time, since the
> wpa_s->bssid is NULL, and the proper configuration is set. But on later
> invocations, when I remove the AP and bring it back to the network, I
> observed the above.

Are you doing anything with the client (e.g., wpa_cli commands) or just
remove the AP and after some time bring it back?