Host AP and hostapd interaction

simone grassilli supersayangras
Sun Feb 18 07:12:42 PST 2007

Hi,
I'm working with the Host AP driver, hostapd and
wpa_supplicant. In the system we've implemented, the
client side, in which we've installed wpa_supplicant,
sends association requests to the server side, in
which we've installed the Host AP driver and the
hostapd daemon.
I'd like to know, if possibile, when association
requests arrive in the server side, what happens?
1) requests are captured by the Host AP driver first
and then it sends them to the hostapd daemon which
satisfies the request and then sends a response to the
Host AP driver, which at the end sends a response to
client;
2) requests are captured by the hostapd daemon first
and then it satisfies the request by using the Host AP
driver, and then hostapd sends a response to client;
in this case the Host AP driver never interacts
directly with the client;
3) other?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Simone