Losing connection then reassociating to a different network in conf file

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Feb 13 19:22:32 PST 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 10:53:23AM -0330, Craig Harding wrote:
> I find that if I have two network blocks in my conf file and if I lose the
> connection to the primary network I would assume it should try to
> re-associate with that same network but this isn't the case - it tries to
> associate with the next lower priority network in the conf file.
>
> Should this be addressed as a bug or is this the intended way that
> wpa_supplicant should work...?

That's a feature. If the connection fails for any reason (and losing
connection is considered failure in this case), the current AP is added
to a blacklist so that other networks can be tried, i.e., to avoid only
trying to use the same broken AP over and over when there could be other
APs available.