Is it possible to force BSSID?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Feb 4 12:05:47 PST 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 12:23:19AM +0400, J Esta wrote:

> I was wondering if it is possible to force wpa_supplicant to only use
> a certain bssid?

Should be.

> Note that I'm using ap_scan=2 since ap_scan=1 creates problems with
> the USB adapter.

Currently, BSSID is only forced for ap_scan=1 mode, i.e., in ap_scan=2
the bssid value in configuration may end up being ignored. I have not
tested this, but it might be enough add following line into
wpa_supplicant_associate() to do this for ap_scan=2:

if (ssid->bssid_set)
	params.bssid = ssid->bssid;

This would be added to the !bss case which is used in ap_scan=2:

    if (bss) {
	params.bssid = bss->bssid;
	params.ssid = bss->ssid;
	params.ssid_len = bss->ssid_len;