per-BSS driver structures

Johannes Berg johannes
Thu Dec 20 03:50:09 PST 2007

Hi,

When implementing a few things with nl80211 I need per-BSS driver
objects for some things.

What way would you prefer to do this? I could add a hashtable to the
driver to look up these structures by interface name but that seems
useless. Or we could change the whole interface all over to pass a new
structure containing the interface name and a driver-private pointer
instead of just the interface name, but as I'm not all too familiar with
hostapd yet I'd need some help with that.

johannes