Ndiswrapper and virtual interfaces - WPA_supplicant can't associate

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Dec 13 19:41:43 PST 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 03:51:27PM +0200, Dudy Kohen wrote:

> I have a TrendNET 421PC and a Prism2 based card.
> I use a Linksys WRT54GL 1.0 router with DD-WRT and a virtual interface
> using WPA. (another with WEP, but it's for WDS)
> Wpa_supplicant claims not to find the appropriate SSID although it
> shows it in the debug output.

That would probably be caused by a mismatch in security parameters.

> Tried the ap_scan option, it didn't work any better.

What do you mean with this? Did you try setting ap_scan=2 (required for
NDIS drivers when using hidden SSIDs and multi-SSID configuration) and
configuring key_mgmt, proto, pairwise, group to match with the AP
configuration (only one option allowed for each parameter in ap_scan=2
mode)?