AR5212 "Association requestion to the driver failed"

Chase Douglas chasedouglas
Thu Dec 13 10:06:29 PST 2007

Hello,

I've got two IBM/Lenovo laptops, a t41p and a t60. Both have the Atheros
5212 wireless chips in them. Both have madwifi-ng-0.9.3.3 and
wpa_supplicant-0.5.8. Both are configured to connect to my home WPA
network using the same block:

network={
	priority=1
	ssid="myssid"
	psk="mypsk"
}

However, the t60 can connect to the network while the t41p cannot. Under
wpa_cli, the t41p prints:

Trying to associate with <myroutermacaddr> (SSID='myssid' freq=myfreq)
Association requestion to the driver failed
Associated with <myroutermacaddr>
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys

What could be going wrong here?

Thanks