kernel configuration for HostAP

Archana Rajagopal archana.gopal
Wed Dec 5 22:14:08 PST 2007

Hi,
    I am facing similar problem with two different versions of linux
kernel.(2.6.18 and 2.6.22).When I use Linksys WPC11 card , they dont create
any wireless interface.But the card is detected by orinoco_cs driver and it
is loaded on eth2 interface with no support for master mode.hostap_cs is
loaded but it does not activate the card.Moreover if i blacklist orinoco
driver , the card goes undetected or it gives kernel panic on boot.This does
not happen with kernel version 2.6.16.Is it related to config file?Any
suggestions?

--
Regards
Archana Rajagopal