Hostapd_cli

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Apr 29 18:48:58 PDT 2007

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 05:10:36PM +0200, Claudio wrote:

> I have a Pc Card Compaq WL 100 with chipset Prism 2.5.
> I use this PC card in mode MASTER.
> I would control my AP ( notebook)  e manage the client associated also from remote PC..
> Can I use hostap_cli for this?
> I no use WEP, WPA...

hostapd_cli is currently mostly for querying parameters from hostapd,
not for setting parameters or requesting operations. Though, I'm not
sure what exactly you are asking for.

hostapd can be used in plaintext mode with Host AP driver, so that part
is fine. hostapd_cli can then be used to query some MIB variables.