offtopic: Getting time of ap before EAP-TLS ...

Beat Meier mbe_ml
Sat Apr 21 12:55:11 PDT 2007

Hello

I have the following problem.
I have a ntp server runnin on my ap with hostapd.
I have a client which has no availability to store the time because it
has no battery so
every poweroff/poweron cycle the time is lost :-(

So it is impossible to use EAP-TLS with certificates because the
certificate is not yet valid
if client is started...

Nobody has this problem until yet?
My idead is to connect to th ap which ever to get the time but not to
allow network traffic "over" the ap
only to get the time and after that wpa_supplicant should initialize an
EAP-TLS connection...

Any hints if not already something integrated in hostapd/wpa_supplicant ...

Greetings

Beat