hostapd: Open system AUTH/ASSOC

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Apr 21 07:21:03 PDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 08:10:59AM +1000, Nazeer Khan wrote:

> I am using EAP-TLS and EAP-PSK as authentication. I am using
> hostapd/madwifi. Actually, the open system authentication/association is
> first completed with the driver and then hostapd gets control and 802.1x
> port is blocked. I need control over the open system
> authentication/association too. I want that when the station do
> authentication request, madwifi only replies on the command of hostapd.
> Similarly for association request.

madwifi does not support this kind of operation mode as far as I know,
so you would need to modify it (or the net80211 component of it to be
more precise). hostapd implements 802.11 authentication and association,
but they are only used when the driver allows this to be done (in
practice, this would now mean Host AP driver and Devicescape 802.11
code, i.e., net/mac80211 in wireless-dev.git tree which could be used
with dadwifi and Atheros cards).