Multiple definitions. Code issue

ahuguet at cttc.es ahuguet
Thu Apr 19 04:52:04 PDT 2007

Hi again Pavel,

>> And if you want you code to work with more than one card, please avoid
>> global data altogether and put the new variables to the structure
>> specific to the card.  In case of hostap, it's struct local_info in
>> hostap_wlan.h.
>
> I don't understand what you mean here, and it's something I'd like to. The
> modifications I'm trying to do are for lab testing purposes, but, anyhow,
> I don't see why declaring a global variable would make it card dependent.
> Could you explain that point a bit, please?

I've been thinking about this sentences, and I think I now know what you
meant.

I think you mean that if I had two cards in the _same computer_ then they
both would see that same global data, while, if having that data inside
local_info each of those cards, in the same computer, would have their
separate data. Am I right? Somehow this makes sense to me.

My other questions remain though, even if I think now I understood what
you were trying to tell me in the first place.

Regards.