hostap_cs initialization failed

madhurag at iitk.ac.in madhurag
Fri Sep 22 11:25:53 PDT 2006

I know that hostap is now distributed with the new kernel, but i still
wish to make some changes in the external package hostap-drivers-0.4.7 and
wish to install it. So i made small changes in the Makefile which now
overwrites hostap*.ko files in the same location in /lib/modules as was in
the default kernel. But now when sometimes it works well, but at other
times i get errors in /var/log/messages "hostap_cs initialization failed"
Can some one please highlight on this. I am using Dlink DWL60 card.

-madhuresh