Trying to connect to network with LEAP authentication

Dan Williams dcbw
Thu Sep 21 11:49:52 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 18:03 +0200, Vincent Maurin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that an event cause disconnection
>
> "Wireless event: cmd=0x8b06 len=8
> Wireless event: cmd=0x8b1a len=16
> Wireless event: cmd=0x8b15 len=20
> Wireless event: new AP: 00:00:00:00:00:00
> Added BSSID 00:00:00:00:00:00 into blacklist"
>
> In the wext driver code
>
> case SIOCGIWAP:
>  wpa_printf(MSG_DEBUG, "Wireless event: new AP: "
>    MACSTR,
>    MAC2STR((u8 *) iwe->u.ap_addr.sa_data));
>    if (memcmp(iwe->u.ap_addr.sa_data,
>    "\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00", ETH_ALEN) == 0
>   memcmp(iwe->u.ap_addr.sa_data,
>    "\x44\x44\x44\x44\x44\x44", ETH_ALEN) == 0)
> {
> 	free(drv->assoc_req_ies);
> 	drv->assoc_req_ies = NULL;
> 	free(drv->assoc_resp_ies);
> 	drv->assoc_resp_ies = NULL;
> 	wpa_supplicant_event(ctx, EVENT_DISASSOC,NULL);

> I doesn't know how wifi event works, but the problem is there. Maybe
> your card doesn't support all method, or have a "special" event
> implementation.

Right.  It's the driver and/or card reporting that it lost the
connection to the access point.  Some drivers used to issue spurious
disconnection events while e.g. scanning, but most of those have been
cleaned up.

If wpa_supplicant gets a disassociation event, it should definitely
honor that event and process the disassociation.  If you feel the event
is being sent at the wrong time, the correct place to fix that is in the
driver.

It also might be your configuration at fault.  If the config isn't
right, perhaps the access point is kicking you off during the connection
attempt.  But if the disassociation event comes after association/auth
and during a stable connection, then either (a) the AP has kicked you
off, or (b) the card has lost the connection to the AP.  There's nothing
you can do at that point except try to reconnect.

Dan