How to enable the master mode of my card?

Aubrey aubreylee
Mon Sep 18 17:18:28 PDT 2006

Of course, I can enable it work at managed mode and ad-hoc mode.
I'll try if I can make hostap work on it.
Thank you all.

Regards,
-Aubrey

root:~> iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

eth1      IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"workgroup"  Nickname:"Prism  I"

         Mode:Managed  Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00  Bit Rate:11Mb/s
         Sensitivity:1/3
         Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
         Encryption key:off
         Power Management:off
         Link Quality:0/92  Signal level:-68 dBm  Noise level:-122 dBm

root:~> iwconfig eth1 essid workgroup

root:~> iwconfig eth1 mode master

Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
   SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.