Segmentation Fault

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Sep 11 06:43:56 PDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 11:13:03AM +0200, Andrea Scharfe wrote:

> I am doing automated traffic tests with wpa_supplicant and from time to time
> (sometimes after two hours, sometimes after 6 hours and sometimes not at
> all) I get segmentation faults.
> I use a customized driver, maybe there is something wrong with my driver,
> but there might be a problem with the wpa_supplicant as well.

Which version of wpa_supplicant is this based on? Is the customized
driver interface source code available somewhere?

> Scan timeout - try to get results
> ioctl error HEOCDRIVPRIV!: Bad file descriptor

This is not from the basic wpa_supplicant package, so I cannot help with
it without seeing the source code for the code that generated this
error.

> Scan results: 16915
> Not enough room for all APs (16915 < 128)
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I would expect this to be fixed in the current development branch. If
not, I would certainly like to here more details; e.g., a backtrace from
the coredump file or the same test run under valgrindg.

Could you please try this under wpa_supplicant 0.5.5? It won't fix any
problems that may be in the driver interface code, but it may remove
this segfault.