wpa_supplicant and blobs

Branko Subasic branko.subasic
Thu Sep 7 06:41:57 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 10:02 +0200, Branko Subasic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the wpa_supplicant in a system that
> has no file system. Instead I hand the certificates to
> wpa_supplicant using blobs.
>
> The certificates are downloadable and the allowed formats
> are PEM and PFX/PKCS12. My problem is that wpa_supplicant
> only seems to handle certificates in DER format when passed
> as blobs. However, once the certificates are downloaded to
> the system the code has idea in which format the certificates are.
>
> Any suggestions how to solve this?
>
> If I the certificates were stored in files the the wpa_supplicant
> handles it just fine. By the way, the system uses 802.1X with EAP/TLS.
>
> Thanks in advance
> /Branko

Hi again,

I have made some changes in tls_openssl.c to allow certificate and
private key blobs in PEM format as well. These changes solve my
problem.

It might be of interest for others so I have attached a patch with the
changes.
Could you please take a look at it and see if you find any potential
problems?

/Branko