Platform Tests for the recent supplicant (with pipes)

George S. Lockwood gslockwood
Sat Sep 2 15:26:30 PDT 2006

Concur.

BTW: I have been able to implement a usage of the interface_add.  This
is a very important feature.

Finally, re: security and control.  Yes just how much control can be
developed into dlls and apps? ultimately for any dll / app to be
useful, some degree of freedom and thus exposure must be present.  How
can we stop malicious misuse of our apps by crackers and still develop
useful tools and apps for the rest of us?

I believe in developing SECURE, fucntional, and useful dlls and apps
with safeguards AND the ability to easily customize "open" source code
so it is different enough from the base so that miscreatants cannot
leaverage their lookalike code/apps to intrude and cause disruptive or
larcenous  behaviors.  E.g. how can we prevent another cli type app
built around the same supplicant to be started and interfere with our
cli's usage of that supp?

Vista.
And actually the biggest new feature of Vista will be the monitoring
of apps and their usage of (intrusions into) sensitive areas of the os
and overall system.  There will be denial to access and reporting of
statistics.  Vista maybe flashier but it will be very controling re:
secuity issues.

george