wpa_supplicant && mandriva 2007

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Oct 24 04:59:07 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 01:54 -0600, robm wrote:
> I have an UBUNTU 6.06 install with a cisco aironet 350 (ario_cs) as well
> I have a orinoco_cs card with the following wpa_supplicant.conf: (I need
> peap and dynamic wep keys)

You might try updating your kernel, or at least your airo driver, to a
recent kernel.  I added IWAUTH and IWENCODEEXT support to airo on
January 31st, 2006, so it should definitely be in 2.6.17 or 2.6.18.
Obviously it doesn't work with WPA (yet), but it makes wpa_supplicant a
bit more happy with the card.

Dan