wpa_supplicant && mandriva 2007

Luis A. Montes luis.montes
Sun Oct 15 17:01:30 PDT 2006

engage wrote:
> I haven't been able to get WPA running since doing an upgrade to Mandriva
> 2007. A fresh install of Mandriva didn't help either. I'm using a Linksys
> WUSB54G which worked with Mandriva 2006 & ndiswrapper & Windows XP driver
> rt2500usb. Mandriva 2007 wants to use the rtusb driver (alias rausb0 rtusb).
> The card does show an association with the AP but I can't get it to use the
> encryption. (All my other wireless devices are associating with the AP with
> WPA) I searched the hard drive for the rtusb driver but only found a listing
> under /sys. No matter what I try I can't get the USB device to use anything
> other than rtusb. The only rt* driver I can find with lsmod is rt2570.
You can use the /sys/bus/usb/drivers to see what drivers are associated
with which device.

> tried renaming all the rt drivers under /lib/modules with a .old extension
> and then tried a reboot only to have my changes undone (the .old extension
> was removed - yes, I did confirm that everything was renamed before the
> reboot).
Maybe try "blacklisting" the module that's being associated with your
hardware. In ubuntu there is a /etc/modprobe.d/bad_list where you would
put a line like
alias rt2570 off
to prevent that particular module from loading.