How to deal with "other" party Wireless Software and their grip on the Wifi NIC?

George S. Lockwood gslockwood
Sun Oct 15 10:49:47 PDT 2006

I can but perhaps tomorrow.  For now I can say that usually it's the
s/w that comes with the card...Linksys, DLink, 3Com, SMC, others.

One example of 3rd party software alone (not associated with any card)
is the Boingo company's products.

My solution thus far is to stop any running services and/or
applications that I can id specific to the card (or Boingo itself).
Yes this is implementation specific and could even change with
upgrades from the card manufacturors and software house(s).

I am trying to find a low level request technique that would be
"universal" in "undoing" or opening access to the card. (I don't think
there is a way).

george