wpa_supplicant -> EAP-TTLS/PAP, madwifi-ng (Atheros), problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Oct 14 07:13:53 PDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 04:12:20PM -0700, Sam Schinke wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 07:04:45PM +0200, sabx wrote:
> > >                     IE: WPA Version 1
> > >                         Group Cipher : WEP-40
> > >                         Pairwise Ciphers (1) : WEP-40
> > >                         Authentication Suites (1) : 802.1x

> I get the same pairwise cipher on my netgear router which I connect to using
> WPA in linux and windows. Or is this cipher suite only invalid in the context
> of EAP_TTLS/PAP (etc).

Np, that is invalid in any context if WPA is being used. It sounds like
there is some kind of bug in either the AP or the client (driver or
iwlist).. iwlist (v28) works fine in my tests, so I don't know what is
causing this.