wpa_supplicant -> EAP-TTLS/PAP, madwifi-ng (Atheros), problem

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Oct 10 10:50:17 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 17:40 +0200, sabx wrote:

> Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > Which AP are you using? Is it running the latest firmware version?
> D-Link, don't know model, for now. Thats my colledge network and I'm
> just trying to connect. I think that the AP is year or two old..
> Also, i'm unable to see the configuration.
>
> > This is somewhat uncommon configuration.. Are you sure the AP is using
> > WPA2 with TKIP for pairwise keys and WEP40 for group?
> Yes, i know..That's my silly configuration from testing phase.. I haved
> tried every combination, lol..
>
> Protocol is not WPA2, it's WPA.
> First idea, that i haved made from working windows GUI configuration
> (SecureW2) and Kismet report was:

What does an 'iwlist <device> scan' show for it?  (sorry if I already
asked for one).  The kismet dump doesn't show what encryption methods
the AP supports for the group and pairwise keys, which is pretty
important here.

Dan