error structure has no member named 'wireless_data'

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Oct 8 19:57:25 PDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 04:57:14PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 16:35 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > > It looks like the value of WIRELESS_EXT was increased, but the netdev
> > > structure remained unchanged.  The same thing in hostap_ioctl.c.
> >
> > John, do you need to an additional patch for this?  Ready for another
> > exception? :)
>
> Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I think the standalone hostap
> driver is maintained by Jouni.  We probably can persuade him to release
> 0.4.10, but we'll need a better fix than an exception for RHEL and
> CentOS.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this sounds like someone patched kernel
incorrectly and broke WE. Unless I've misunderstood something, I would
suggest fixing the kernel and not keeping high hopes on me releasing
Host AP 0.4.10 with exceptions to distros modifying their kernels in odd
ways ;-).