wpa supplicant/ipw3945, ESSID last char missing

Jean Tourrilhes jt
Mon Oct 2 12:41:06 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 11:15:37AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Jean, John: the amount of trouble which this change is causing is quite
> high considering that we're not even at -rc1 yet.  It's going to get worse.
>
> It doesn't sound like it'll be too hard to arrange for the kernel to
> continue to work correctly with old userspace?

	Actually, I have the perfect solution. We ship a new version
of the Wireless Tools and wpa_supplicant alongside the kernel, and
install those when the user install the new kernel. That way, we make
sure they always use the correct version of userspace with the kernel.
	Regards,

	Jean