hostap support for my card ?

chunkeey at web.de chunkeey
Sun Oct 1 08:50:42 PDT 2006

> On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 02:10:24PM +0000, ronald warsow wrote:
> > that card is able to act as an ap, but wep only.
> > and
> > this is the part from the site (just above download)
> > Supported wireless cards/drivers
> >       * Host AP driver for Prism2/2.5/3
> >       * madwifi (Atheros ar521x)
> >       * Prism54.org (Prism GT/Duette/Indigo)
>
> _One_ version of Prism54 driver worked with hostapd. If I understood
> correctly, the version in the kernel tree may not work. This issue has
> come up before, but so far, I have not seen anyone who would be
> interested in making the driver work. As long as this continues, I would
> not expect much luck with the latest Prism54 drivers when tried with
> hostapd. I'll try to remember to update the hostapd web page by adding
> something along lines "used to work with a version; may not work with
> current versions".

and, before I forget it (again), you can also remove the special prism54.org
driver from wpa_supplicant. It's now supported through Linux' WEXT. (as of
2.6.18-git15).

BTW, (do you remember the driver_madwifi.c bug in
set_sta_flags ?). I said, I have a patch for the hostap-daemon to get the
prism54 card. I wanted to post a patch but unfortunatly,
it was too large. If you want it, ask maxi at daemonizer.de.

And something OT:
Are there any plans for a hostap-daemon driver/backend for WEXT?