hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new development release v0.5.6

Roy Marples uberlord
Sun Nov 26 03:46:19 PST 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 04:53, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 11:39:27AM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
> > Did you miss my patch for using SIGIO on systems that do not define
> > SIGPOLL?
> > http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2006-September/014260.html
> >
> > Or is there a reason for not implementing it? It's needed (or a
> > resolution) for using wpa_supplicant with dbus on FreeBSD.
>
> Nope, didn't miss it. I'm just a bit behind on my email.. I applied this
> to 0.6.x and merged the changes to 0.5.x branch, too. I had one minor
> concern about the patch; it would break if someone were to define
> SIGPOLL with enum instead of #define, but I'm not aware of such a use in
> any of the current C libraries that would use dbus.

Well, an alternative would be to use the SIGIO system call instead if SIGPOLL
in the code.

But I'm not sure of the difference between the two, if any as Linux just maps
SIGPOLL to SIGIO anyway.

--
Roy Marples <uberlord at gentoo.org>
Gentoo/Linux/FreeBSD Developer (baselayout, networking)