Reading things out of the blob in wpa_supplicant

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Nov 25 20:43:05 PST 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 03:49:42PM +0000, Alun Evans wrote:

> However, I don't really want to get the pac file over the air each
> time the computer restarts, i.e. I'd like NM to be able to extract the
> blob I specify, so that it can save that into gconf.
>
> Seemingly though, while NM can communicate with wpa_sup like this:
> SET_NETWORK 0 pac_file "blob://eap-fast-pac"
>
> There's no way for it to read blob://eap-fast-pac back.. ?

No, not at the moment. Adding support for get/set/remove blob using
ctrl_iface is on my to-do list, though. In the current version, the only
way of doing this would be to use an external file and that could just
be a temporary file written and read by NM..