Where in /proc or /sys can I find the current bit rate?

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Sun Nov 12 02:35:16 PST 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 22:59, Sam Schinke wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 November 2006 01:53, David Goodenough wrote:
> > I know that I can get the rate using iwconfig, but that involves parsing
> > the response and I would rather not do that if I can avoid it.  But it
> > occurred to me that most of the other values available through iwconfig
> > were available in either /proc or /sys, so I hoped that I could find the
> > current bit rate there too, but as yet I have not found it.  Anyone got
> > any idea where it might be?
>
> This would appear to be driver independent.
>
> I find the following on my laptop:
>
> laptop ~ # cat /proc/net/ndiswrapper/wlan0/hw | grep bit_rate
> bit_rate=48000 kBps
That is not much good to me as I am using a native driver not an
ndiswrapper one.

It really would be useful if this could be added to the native driver
and other drivers encouraged to use the same naming.

David