wpa_supplicant doesn't work :(

Alric Aneron aluminum3458
Tue May 30 07:02:37 PDT 2006

Hello, I followed instructions to setup the wpa_supplicant, and here is what I did:
I dowloaded the RPM for fc4 (I have fc5), installed it, and here is my wpa_supplicant.config:
#WPA Supplicant Config File V1.3
#Written for the Computer Science Department, University of Illinois.
#2004-08-05
#Interface for separate control programs. Default value.
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

#Sets which user groups can interact with the control interface.
# Set to Root only.
ctrl_interface_group=0

#Sets 802.1x EAPOL version. 1=v1 2=v2.
eapol_version=1

#Sets AP sellection to be handled by wpa_supplicant or the driver.
# 0=driver 1=wpa_supplicant
ap_scan=1

#Begin Network Block
#--------------------------------

network={
        ssid="mynet"
        scan_ssid=1
        proto=WPA
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        #psk="mynetpass"
        psk=f03e48030f2a0ecf17cbcf14e02b594a973956f4a3107b1475a0e43156206318
}
My ESSID isn't broadcasted, so maybe it has trouble picking it up.  I run the following command to start up wpa_supplicant:
wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dhostap -w
Giving me the following output:
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCGIFADDR]: Cannot assign requested address
ioctl[SIOCGIFADDR]: Cannot assign requested address
ioctl[SIOCGIFADDR]: Cannot assign requested address
ioctl[SIOCGIFADDR]: Cannot assign requested address
ioctl[SIOCGIFADDR]: Cannot assign requested address

i tried running wpa_cli, but everything I do just tells me "OK".
How do I associate, or try to associate with the AP.

Thanks.
Kind Regards,
Al