OLSR Vs. MADWIFI Vs. HOSTAP

thomasasta at gmx.net thomasasta
Sat May 27 01:20:03 PDT 2006

Can somone tell me the difference between HOSTAP and MADWIFI ?
Is Host-AP Function integrated in Madwifi? Is OLSR an packetrouting function, which is in MADWIFI or HOSTAP as well integrated?

Why OLSR, MADFIFI and HOSTAP ? Can?t this all be integrated?

With which driver would it be possible to have all laptops in a house connecting as a peering network with autoconfiguration ?

As well the laptop, pc and router difference should be harmonized.
We need an installer for routers and laptops all in one.

The link you provided describes ho to install, but there are less sentences what function, goal and sense madfifi has.

Is madwifi making the bandwidth as well half in WDS modus for a router, connecting MAC adresses as a bridge ?

--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer