Release process and preparation for v0.4.9

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon May 8 20:21:56 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 03:10:53PM +1000, Kel Modderman wrote:
> Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > http://hostap.epitest.fi/releases/snapshots/wpa_supplicant-0.4-2006-04-30.tar.gz

> Just a really small thing; can you please make it more obvious what
> actual release the snapshot is against in it's filename?
> (wpa_supplicant-0.4.8-snapshot-2006-04-30.tar.gz for example)

It is not really against any specific release since it is not a diff,
but a full release from the current branch. I left the last part of the
version number out from the file name on purpose because of this. Can
you explain why having that in the name would be better?