Intersil Prism2/2.5 card crashing with hostap driver

Jim Thompson jim
Wed Mar 1 13:21:22 PST 2006

Jar wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote:
>

>>Your problem started here:
>>
>>prism2_hw_init: initialized in 199 ms
>>wifi0: NIC: id=0x800c v1.0.0
>>wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.0
>>wifi0: STA: id=0x1f v1.4.9
>>wifi0: defaulting to bogus WDS frame as a workaround for firmware bug in Host AP mode WDS
>>wifi0: Command completion event, but no pending commands
>>hostap_cs: assuming no Primary image in flash - card initialization not completed
>>wifi0: test Genesis mode with HCR 0x1f
>>

>It can be a pcmcia problem as well. If the problem still exists after
>firmaware update (e.g. 1.0.0-->1.1.1 and 1.4.9-->1.7.4) then most
>probably it is some sort of pcmcia problem. I don't think it would be
>hostap_cs related.

The 1.4.9 firmware works fine, no reason to update it.   I'd have to
check closely, but I believe that 1.1.0 is the correct PRI for the 1.4.9
STA f/w.

Now, it *could* be pcmcia problems, which is why I asked if the card
functioned correctly with the orinoco driver loaded.

Jim