Failed installing wpa_supplicant

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Jun 29 19:22:58 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 06:15:38PM -0400, Andrew Barr wrote:

> On Thursday 29 June 2006 18:02, James wrote:
> > Thanks for the response. I did try to diable the smart card support. I
> > define "n" and and try again with "make clean" and "make" and still get
> > the same error message.

Please note these comments in the beginning of defconfig:

# hostapd binary. All lines starting with # are ignored. Configuration option
# lines must be commented out complete, if they are not to be included, i.e.,
# just setting VARIABLE=n is not disabling that variable.

In other words, setting something to 'n', is _not_ disabling that
option.

> Well, pcsc (see filename below) is a widely-used smartcard library, so
> something smartcard related is not getting disabled. Look at pcsc_funcs.c and
> see if the line
>
> #include <winscard.h>
>
> is wrapped in any #ifdefs, like maybe:
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_WINDOWS

It's not and it shouldn't be. pcsc-lite includes this header file and it
is used on Linux systems. I would assume that the build system did not
include this library and most likely this was not needed either. The
correct solution for this particular problem would thus be to remove
(either delete or comment out) CONFIG_PCSC=y line from .config.

> then add CONFIG_WINDOWS=n (or whatever) to your .config file.

That would _enable_ CONFIG_WINDOWS (which does not exist, so this would
not really do anything). This issue has nothing to do with Windows code
being enabled or disabled.