It is normal - EAP-TTLS: received 0 bytes encrypted data for Phase 2?

Andrew ifreebiz
Mon Jun 26 19:57:38 PDT 2006

I am trying to do TTLS/MSCHAPV2 with FreeRadius server, but see the
following error on the freeRadius server side -
  modcall: entering group MS-CHAP for request 5
  rlm_mschap: Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for testuser with NT-Password
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect

I see this on the wpa_supplicant side -

EAP-TTLS: received 0 bytes encrypted data for Phase 2
EAP-TTLS: empty data in beginning of Phase 2 - use fake EAP-Request
Identity
EAP-TTLS: Phase 2 MSCHAPV2 Request
EAP-TTLS: MSCHAPV2: implicit auth_challenge - hexdump(len=16): e5 e3 aa
58 a1 11 50 d4 55 8a a8 8e 71 ba 1f e4

Is it normal to have 0 bytes encrypted data for phase 2? Any suggestion
what I should check for?
For the user name and password, I configured the identity and password
in wpa configuration file, and for FreeRadius server, I configure in
users file, "username" User-Password == "password".

Thanks, Andrew.