Problem with Hostap and wpa_supplicant :(

Alric Aneron aluminum3458
Thu Jun 22 08:12:47 PDT 2006

Hello,
my wpa_config file is this:
#WPA Supplicant Config File V1.3
#Written for the Computer Science Department, University of Illinois.
#2004-08-05
#Interface for separate control programs. Default value.
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

#Sets which user groups can interact with the control interface.
# Set to Root only.
ctrl_interface_group=0

#Sets 802.1x EAPOL version. 1=v1 2=v2.
eapol_version=1

#Sets AP sellection to be handled by wpa_supplicant or the driver.
# 0=driver 1=wpa_supplicant
ap_scan=1

#Begin Network Block
#--------------------------------

network={
        ssid="mynet"
        scan_ssid=1
        proto=WPA
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        #psk="mynetpass"
        psk=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
}
when I went into wpa_cli it says I am associated with the host
but it keeps saying:
<2>Authentication with 44:44:44:44:44:44 timed out.
<2>Associated with 44:44:44:44:44:44
<2>Authentication with 44:44:44:44:44:44 timed out.
<2>Associated with 44:44:44:44:44:44
<2>Authentication with 44:44:44:44:44:44 timed out.
<2>Associated with 44:44:44:44:44:44
<2>Authentication with 44:44:44:44:44:44 timed out.
<2>Associated with 44:44:44:44:44:44

but when I hit 'status" in wpa_cli it gives me this:
bssid=44:44:44:44:44:44
ssid=mynet
pairwise_cipher=CCMP
group_cipher=CCMP
key_mgmt=WPA2-PSK
wpa_state=ASSOCIATED

and it keeps giving me this too:
ioctl[SIOCGIFADDR]: Cannot assign requested address
the -debug output gives me this (hex code I replaced with xxxx for personal security reasons):

CTRL_IFACE monitor send - hexdump(len=23): xx xx xx.......
WPA: Association event - clear replay counter
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
EAPOL: External notification - EAP success=0
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=1
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state CONNECTING
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state IDLE
Setting authentication timeout: 10 sec 0 usec
RX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(len=4):
     xxxxxxxxx                                       PING
RX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(len=4):
     xxxxxxxxx                                       PING
EAPOL: startWhen --> 0
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state CONNECTING
EAPOL: txStart
WPA: drop TX EAPOL in non-IEEE 802.1X mode (type=1 len=0)
RX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(len=4):
     xxxxxxxx                                       PING
RX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(len=4):
     xxxxxxx                                       PING
RX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(len=4):
     xxxxxxx                                       PING
RX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(len=4):
    xxxxxxxx                                       PING
^CRX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(len=4):
     xxxxxxxxx                                       PING
RX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(len=4):
    xxxxxxxx                                       PING
CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 2 received
CTRL_IFACE monitor send - hexdump(len=23): xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.....
Removing interface wlan0
State: ASSOCIATED -> DISCONNECTED

NOTE: my essid is hidden.
dhclient can't make wlan0 connect.