question about network configuration in wpa_supplicant.conf

Osho GG oshogg
Fri Jul 28 19:33:24 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have configured a network in wpa_supplicant.conf as follows:

network={
        ssid="MyPrivateNetwork"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        identity="oshogg"
        password="mypassword"
}

Now, this works great. I can connect to the network fine. My only
problem is that I have my password in plain text in a configuration
file. Unfortunately, I do not have administrative privileges for
configuring the access point and authentication mechanism it uses. Is
there any way I can create a configuration (similar to wpa_passphrase
for psk) that does not require storing the password in plain text?

thanks,
Osho